Artur Mateus [Vice-Director]
Artur Mateus is an Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering Department, on Rapid Tooling and Manufacturing, at the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (PIL), since 1997. Also is Vice-Director of the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development at the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (PIL). He is member of the scientific and technological council of the Incubator for startups, OPEN (Marinha Grande – Portugal). Artur Mateus has a PhD in Polymer Physics from the University of Reading (UK), a MSc from the Technical University of Lisbon (Portugal) and a first degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Coimbra.
He has co-edited three books, authored and co-authored more than 70 papers published in books, international journals, and proceedings of international conferences. Artur Mateus has participated in more than 60 Research Projects, national and international, in consortium with companies and firms related to Rapid Tooling and Manufacturing, rapid design and advanced materials processing.
- C.Malca, C.Santos, M.Sena, A.Mateus, (2018) Development of SLM cellular structures for injection molds manufacturingScience and Technology of Materials, Volume 30, Issue 1, January–April 2018, Pages 13-22. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.stmat.2018.03.001
- G. Mitchell, F. Gaspar, A. Mateus, V. Mahendra, (2018 ) Advanced Materials from Forests, Handbook of Ecomaterials pp 1-24, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, ISBN 978-3-319-48281-1. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-48281-1
- Felismina, R. , Silva, M. , Mateus, A. , Malça, C. (2017) Direct Digital Manufacturing: A Challenge to the Artistic Glass Production, Materials Design and Applications, Vol. 65 of the series Advanced Structured Materials, pp 221-231, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-50784-2_18, ISBN: 978-3-319-50783-5
- G. Mitchell, A. Mateus, Fred Davis, S. Mohan, T. Gkourmpis, T.Youngs, (2017), New Tools for Understanding Complex Polymer Behaviour, Procedia Manufacturing, Volume 12, 2017, Pages 280-290, Elsevier. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2017.08.031
- Miranda, G., Faria, S., Bartolomeu , F., Pinto, E., Madeira, S., Mateus , A., Carreira, P., Alves , F.S.Silva, N. , Carvalho, O. (2016), Predictive models for physical and mechanical properties of 316L stainless steel produced by selective laser melting, Journal of Materials Science&Engineering, A657,(2016),43–56
- Principal Investigator of FCT funded project Tailored.Cooling - add rapid hot&cooling strategies to additive and subtractive manufacturing of ultra efficient metallic inserts for injection moulding of high quality tailored thermoplastic parts (n. 32436, aviso 02/SAICT/2017), 2018 a 2021
- Principal Investigator at CDRSP-IPLeiria of the Project “Mobilizador” funded by ANI, Add.additive – add additive manufacturing to the portuguese industry (n. 24533, aviso 10/SI/2016 - I&DT ), 2018 a 2021
- Principal Investigator at CDRSP-IPLeiria of the Project “Mobilizador” funded by ANI, Tooling4G – Advanced Tools for Smart Manufacturing (n. 24516, aviso 10/SI/2016 - I&DT ), 2018 a 2021
- Principal Investigator at CDRSP-IPLeiria of the Project “Mobilizador” funded by ANI, PRODUTECH.SIF – Solutions for industry of Future Advanced Tools for Smart Manufacturing (n. 024541, aviso 10/SI/2016 - I&DT ), 2018 a 2021
- Principal Investigator at CDRSP-IPLeiria of the R&D Project STRETCHTRONICS: Soft and Stretchable Mechatronics for Wearable Devices: Fabrication, Implementation and Applications, funded by Carnegie Mellon – FCT Portugal (on going)