Artur Mateus [Vice-Director]
Artur Mateus is an Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering Department, on Rapid Tooling and Manufacturing, at the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (PIL), since 1997. Also is Vice-Director of the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development at the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (PIL). He is the Administrator of an Incubator for startups, OPEN (Marinha Grande – Portugal). Was a research supervisor of Rapid Tooling & Manufacturing at Vangest Group (Marinha Grande – Portugal) between 1999 to 2001.
Artur Mateus has a PhD in Polymer Physics from the University of Reading (UK), a MSc from the Technical University of Lisbon (Portugal) and a first degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Coimbra.
He has co-edited three books, authored and co-authored more than 70 papers published in books, international journals, and proceedings of international conferences. Artur Mateus has participated in more than 60 Research Projects, national and international, in consortium with companies and firms related to Rapid Tooling and Manufacturing, rapid design and advanced
- Viana, T., Malça, C., Biscaia, S., Mateus, A., Mitchell, G.R. – “Production of cellulose based biocomposites with hydroxyapatite for medical applications”, 18th International Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS18), Lisbon, Portugal (accepted).
- Biscaia, S., Malça, C., Viana, T., Mateus, A., Mitchell, G.R. – “Masterbatch of cellulose based polymer composites”, 18th International Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS18), Lisbon, Portugal (accepted).
- Viana, T., Biscaia, S., Mateus, A., Malça, C. – “Characterisation of a compound resulting of blend among polyethylene and pine sawdust”, 5th of the International Conference of Innovative Technologies (IN-TECH), Leiria, Portugal, 2014.
- Biscaia, S., Viana, T., Mateus, A., Veloso, A., Malça, C. – “Production of a nanocellulose composite for additive manufacturing”, 5th of the International Conference of Innovative Technologies (IN-TECH), Leiria, Portugal, 2014.
- Alves, N., Bartolo, P.J., Gaspar, M., Martins-Ferreira, Mateus, A, Biofab Toolbox– Software Tools for biofabrication, , High Value Manufacturing – Advanced Research in Virtual and Rapid Prototyping, Edited by P.J. Bártolo et al, CRC Press, 2013 (ISBN: 978 1 138 00137 4)
- HYDROZONE – BIOACTIVATED HIERARCHICAL HYDROGELS AS ZONAL IMPLANTS FOR ARTICULAR REGENERATION, funded by the European Commission (http://www.hydrozones.eu/)
- PAMI - Portuguese Additive Manufacturing Initiative. Research Infrastructures . FCT
- GradSINT- Multi-material laser sintering for the production of Functional Graded Structures. FCT
- ToolingEDGE – Sustainable and High Performance Manufacturing. QREN Project
- BIOMAS II - Bio Additive Manufacturing & Engineering of Heterogeneous 3D Structures. QREN Project