Nuno Morais (https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8209-3719) is a clinician (background in physiotherapy, 1996), an Assistant Professor (School of Health Sciences – ESSLei) and a researcher (Center for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development – CDRSP) at the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria. He holds 3 Master degrees [Traditional Chinese Medicine (2015, Abel Salazar Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Porto, Portugal), Physiotherapy Sciences (2009, Faculty of Human Kinetics, University of Lisbon, Portugal), and Neurosciences and Biology of Behavior (2008, Pablo Olavide University, Seville, Spain)] and is, currently, completing his PhD in Physiotherapy at the Faculty of Sports, University of Porto. He has been investigating the clinical applications of movement analysis/biomechanics and physical performance, particularly, of the upper limb, to promote optimal musculoskeletal health and rehabilitate physical performance. In his professional activities he interacted with more than 20 clinicians and researchers in co-authorships of scientific works.
- Morais, N., Greten, H. J., Santos, M. J., & Machado, J. P. (2018). Immediate effects of acupuncture on the mechanosensitivity of the median nerve: an exploratory randomised trial. Acupuncture in Medicine, 36, 132–138. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/acupmed-2016-011357
- Cruz, J., & Morais, N. (2016). Intrarater Agreement of Elbow Extension Range of Motion in the Upper Limb Neurodynamic Test 1 Using a Smartphone Application. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 97(11), 1880-1886. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2016.05.001
- Morais, N., & Cruz, J. (2016). The Pectoralis Minor Muscle and Shoulder Movement-Related Impairments and Pain: Rationale, Assessment and Management. Physical Therapy in Sport, 17, 1–13. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ptsp.2015.10.003
- Morais, N., Cruz, J., & Marques, A. (2016). Posture and mobility of the upper body quadrant and pulmonary function in COPD: an exploratory study. Brazilian Journal of Physical Therapy, 20(4), 345-354. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/bjpt-rbf.2014.0162
- Shadmehr, A., Sarafraz, H., Heidari Blooki, M., Jalaie, S. H., & Morais, N. (2016). Reliability, agreement, and diagnostic accuracy of the Modified Lateral Scapular Slide test. Manual Therapy, 24, 18-24. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2016.04.004
- “On Time to Rethink ACtivity Knowledge: a personalized mHealth coaching platform to tackle physical inactivity in COPD” (OnTRACK, ref. POCI-01-0145-FEDER-028446). Role: research team member