Margarida Cabrita Franco
- margarida.franco @ipleiria.pt
Margarida Cabrita Franco has a master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Universidade de Lisboa). In her final studies she put an emphasis on the issue “Plant based medicines for topical application in the treatment of skin infections”. She worked, for several years, in hematological, biochemical and microbiological analysis. Later on, she joined a research group led by J. P. Dehaye at the department of Biochimie Generale et Humaine de l’Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB). Later on, she worked in two high school laboratories in London. Nowadays, as a Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development (CDRSP) team member, she runs a research work regarding biomaterials for controlled drug delivery. Lately, her interests have expanded to include general material’s characterization techniques mainly the microcomputed tomography (micro-CT) technology, namely in the endodontic area exploring the anatomy of the root canal and the evaluation of root canal filling. She is also co-responsible for the CDRSP material characterization laboratory.
- Mário Rito Pereira, Pedro Morouço, Isabel Vasconcelos, Margarida Franco, Nuno Alves, António Ginjeira, Computer Fluid Dynamics as a Tool for Analysis of Endodontic Irrigation, International Conference of Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics (ICNAAM 2017) AIP Conf. Proc. 1978, 160003-1–160003-4; https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5043813, Published by AIP Publishing. 978-0-7354-1690-1
- Franco M.C., Fonseca A.R., Sacramento J., Melo B., Conde S.V., Guarino M.P., Micro computed tomography detects changes in liver density in control and in prediabetes rats, International Conference on Sustainable and Intelligent Manufacturing, RESIM 2016 | CDRSP, Institute Polytechnic of Leiria, Portugal, Elsevier, Procedia Manufacturing 12 (2017) 106 – 112
- Brites F, Malça C, Gaspar F, Franco M, Fonseca A R, Biscaia S, Mateus A, Cork Plastic Composite Optimization for 3D Printing Applications, International Conference on Sustainable and Intelligent manufacturing, RESIM 2016 | CDRSP, Institute Polytechnic of Leiria, Portugal, Elsevier Procedia Manufacturing 12 (2017) 156 – 165
- Isabel Vasconcelos, Mário Rito Pereira, António Ginjeira, Margarida Franco, Pedro Morouço, Nuno Alves, Evaluation of root canal filling with a bioceramic sealer using micro-computed tomography: a pilot study, 2nd International Conference on Direct Digital Manufacturing and Polymers| ICDDMAP 2017, submitted and accepted in one of the periodicals published by Trans Tech Publications, Ltd
- T. Viana, S. Biscaia, E. Dabrowska, M. Franco, P. Carreira, P. Morouço and N. Alves, A novel biomanufacturing system to produce multi-material scaffolds for tissue engineering: Concept and preliminary results , 2nd International Conference on Direct Digital Manufacturing and Polymers | ICDDMAP 2017, submitted and accepted in in Advanced Mechanics and Materials published by Trans Tech Publications, Ltd
- Greenthermosets, PT-DZ/0001/2015, Projeto FCT - Data início 01-01-2017 - duração 36 meses. Role: Team member.
- Adaptphosthesis PTDC/EMS-TEC/5422/2014 | POCI-01-0145-FEDER-016741. Agência de financiamento/Tipologia: Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia - Projetos de IC&DT, Portugal 2020, União Europeia – Fundos Europeus Estruturais e de Investimento. Role: Team member.
- Libertação controlada de fármacos – Projeto interno do IPLeiria(PDT/004CDRSP2011). Role: Team member.
- AgroPack, Projeto nº: 11523, Programa Operacional Factores de Competitividade. Data de início: 01/03/2010 Duração: 25 meses Data de Términus: 31/03/2012 (prorrogada a execução para 31/12/2012). Role: Team member.
- PAMI - PORTUGUESE ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING INITIATIVE (ROTEIRO/0328/2013; Nº 022158), a Research Infrastruture of the National Roadmap of Research Infrastructures of Strategic Relevance for 2014-2020, co-funded by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) and European Union through the Centro2020. Role: Team member..