João Horta is a researcher of the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development since May of 2014, and Invited Professor on Processes and Manufacturing Technologies since March of 2017, at the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (PIL). He has a degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Master degree in Product design and Development Engineering from the Higher School of Technology and Management, of Polytechnic Institute of Leiria. In terms of professional experience, worked in various areas in industry such as injection molding, mold production technologies for glass and plastic, design and development of machines and components, metal structures, so numbered with experience in diversified fields during several years. The main research areas are: modeling and computer simulation, advanced manufacturing technologies, materials.
- J.Horta, M.R.Silva – “The New Concept: Additive Milling for Industry 4.0”, transtec, Applied Mechanics and Materials OR Advanced Materials Research,2017, (submitted)
- Brites F, Malca C, Gaspar F, Horta J, Franco M, Biscaia S, Mateus A. “Cork Plastic Composite Optimization for 3D Printing Aplication”, Procedia Manufacturing (2017), DOI10.1016/j.promfg.2017.08.020.
- J.R. Dias, C. dos Santos, J. Horta, P.L. Granja, P.J. Bártolo. A new design of an electrospinning apparatus for tissue engineering applications. International Journal of Bioprinting (2017),DOI10.18063/IJB.2017.02.002, (2016 IMPACT FACTOR: 3.5).
- Biscaia S., Dabrowska E., Tojeira A., Horta J. , Carreira P., Morouço P., Mateus A., Alves N. – “Development of heterogeneous structures with Polycaprolactone-Alginate using a new 3D printing system - BioMEDbeta: design and processing”, Procedia Manufacturing, (2017), DOI10.1016/j.promfg.2017.08.015.
- J.F.Horta, F.J.P.Simões, A.Mateus – “Study of Wood-Plastic Composites with reused HDPE and sawdust”, Procedia Manufacturing, (2017), DOI10.1016/j.promfg.2017.08.026.
- Team member IPLeiria - WOWW: World of Outstanding wool and wood, funded by European Funds for Structural Investment.
- Team Member IPLeiria - Additive.MILLING: Add Milling to Additive Manufacturing, funded by European Funds for Structural Investment.
- Team Member IPLeiria - GradSINT: Multi-material laser sintering for the production of Functional Graded Structures, funded by Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology.
- Team Member IPLeiria - ALLinPLASTIC: Seat and Back for a Chair, destined for Hospital Environment, funded by European Regional Development Fund.