Cândida Malça holds a PhD (Mechanical Engineering) from the Technical University of Lisbon, and an MSc (Surface Engineering) and Mechanical Engineering Degree (Production Engineering) from the University of Coimbra. She is an Assistant Professor at Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra, Department of Mechanical Engineering from the College of Engineering (ISEC), teaching BSc and MSc students in Mechanical and Electromechanical Engineering, since 1997. Cândida was Director of the Mechanical Engineering Graduate Program at ISEC, President of the Pedagogical Council of ISEC and Ombudsperson of the Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra. She is researcher at the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development at the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria. Her research activity focuses, mostly, on products and processes engineering and equipment design and development. She is author and co-author of several international publications (book-chapters=13; international journals=20 and international conferences=71) and patents and is reviewer of several journals. Cândida has participated several national research projects related with Rapid Tooling and Manufacturing, rapid design and advanced materials processing. In the last years she received several awards in R&D business-oriented projects and others.
- Pedro J. B. F. N. Beirão, Cândida M. S. P. Malça, and Raimundo P. Felismina (2017). “Influence of design parameters on the structural and fatigue behaviors of a floating point wave energy converter”, AIMS Energy, 5(2): 209-223, DOI: 10.3934/energy.2017.2.2
- M. Silva, A. Mateus, D. Oliveira, C. Malça (2017). “An alternative method to produce metal/plastic hybrid components for orthopedics applications”, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications, Vol. 231(1–2) 179–186, DOI: 10.1177/1464420716664545.
- R. Felismina, M. Silva, A. Mateus, C. Malça (2017) Direct Digital Manufacturing: A Challenge to the Artistic Glass Production, Materials Design and Applications, Vol. 65 of the series Advanced Structured Materials, pp 221-231, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-50784-2_18, ISBN: 978-3-319-50783-5.
- P.G. Morouço. S. Biscaia, T. Viana, C. Malça, A. Mateus, C. Moura, F. Ferreira, N. Alves, (2016). “Fabrication of poly(ε-caprolactone) scaffolds reinforced with cellulose nanofibers, with and without the addition of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles”, BioMed Research International, inpress.
- G. Martins, F. Antunes, A. Mateus, S. Baptista, C. Malça, (2016). “Optimization of a Wood Plastic Composite to Produce a New Dynamic Shading System”, Natural Fibres: Advances in Science and Technology Towards Industrial Applications, Volume 12 of the series RILEM Book series pp 343-350.
- direct.CERAMIC – Digital Manufacturing for CERAMIC’s Mass Production (co-promoção n.º 17994)
- NEXT.parts – Next-Generation of Advanced Hybrid Parts (co-promoção n.º 17963)
- Multi-Path.H2O – Multi Ramification Hollow Injection for Water Assisted Moulding (co-promoção n.º 17684)
- MIND&GAIT POCI-01-0145-FEDER-023822
- i.FILM - Multifunctional films for intelligent and active applications (co-promoção nº 17921)