Anabela Massano is a research fellow at the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development (CDRSP) since June 2019. She has a Master degree in Chemistry (2016) by the University of Coimbra with thesis titled “Characterization of biopolymers and other materials for application in edible coatings on sliced meat products”. After extensive experience in teaching physics and chemistry and having current research activity in diverse scientific domains such as: colloidal chemistry and innovative nanomaterials; biomaterials; polymers and interfaces; polymeric coatings; polymeric adsorption on solid surfaces and additive manufacturing, Anabela has also experience in Knowledge transfer from academia to society.
- Coffee silverskin as fibre reinforcement of thermoplastic composites" Gabriela Martins,Anabela Massano, Cláudia Figueira,Carla Rodrigues, Filipe Antunes; Department of Chemistry, University of Coimbra, Portugal; Diverge, Grupo Nabeiro Innovation Center, Portugal European Polymer Congress, EPF 2019; Heraklion Crete, June 9-14, 2019
- “Development of slicing and pathing applications, for 3D Printing (FDM) of large parts using new recycled tire composites” Francisco Q. Ramalho; Anabela P. Massano; Filipe C. Jorge; Artur J. Mateus; Geoffrey R. Mitchel; Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development – CDRSP-PLeiria, 2020
- C-TEC " Molding of Technical Components with Cellulose-Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composites" from University of Coimbra in co-promotion with VanGest Group.
- "COVER-ED - New meat products with physical-chemical protection through the application of edible coatings and other active systems ", Project Portugal 2020 nº 3334 em Co-promoção de I&DT, 2015-2018
- WOWW – World of Outstanding Wool and Wood – from Universidade de Coimbra in copromotion with CDRSP- PL, DISTRIM 2 Lda and ATT Lda .
- ECO4COFFEE: ECO-FRIENDLY COMPOSITES FOR COFFEE PACKAGING - Development of environmentally friendly composites for capsules and other packaging solutions for ground coffee. Project QREN individual in I&DT for Delta Cafés
- UP STONE: Recovery of sludge from the decorative stone industry. Productive Innovation Project da empresa Silaco - Natural Stones Lda