Vidhura Subash Mahendra
Vidhura Mahendra is a post-doctoral research fellow of the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development, a research centre of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria. He has a Master of Chemistry (M.Chem.) degree from Brunel University, Middlesex, UK and a Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) from the University of Reading, Berkshire, UK in Organic Chemistry, thesis titled, ‘Selected Wavelength Spectral Filters for Horticultural Crop Protection’, he has also completed a period of post-doctoral research subsequently.
Vidhura Mahendra is an Affiliate Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (AMRSC), UK and his research interests are designing and developing new composite products combining sustainable material and polymers as a means of enhancing green science and its applications. The process utilises the principles of chemistry in materials for the advancement in science. His findings have been published in journals and disseminated in conferences.
- Mitchell G., Mahendra V., Mateus A., Gaspar F. and Sousa D, Book chapter titled ‘Advanced Materials from Forests’ (accepted 2017 for publication in 2018) in the Springer reference book ‘Handbook of Eco-materials’.
- Mahendra V., the review paper titled ‘Rosin product review’ (submitted, November 2017) for ‘The 2nd International Conference on Direct Digital Manufacturing and Polymers’.
- Mitchell, G.R., Biscaia, S., Mahendra, V.S. and Mateus, A. (2016) High Value Materials from the Forests, Advances in Materials Physics and Chemistry, 6, 54-60. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ampc.2016.63006
- V. Mahendra, G. R. Mitchell, A. J. S. Mateus ‘The Development of Rosins as Potential Eco-Foams from Pine Derived Resins’ the conference proceedings, Biofoams, Sorrento, Italy, October 2015.
- V. Mahendra ‘Development of Eco-foams from Pine Resins’ an exclusive detailed report published on foaming methodologies and their physical properties from pine resins, February 2015.
- Team member for IPLeiria – SKELGEN: Establishment of a cross continent consortium for enhancing regenerative medicine in skeletal tissues, funded by European Union Seventh Framework Programme.
- Team member IPLeiria – for the project UID/Multi/04044/2013 (Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, Portugal)