Pedro Morouço is Assistant Professor on Sport Sciences at the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (IPL), and Scientific Director of the Research Centre for Human Movement Sciences. He is the Course Coordinator of the Master Degree in Sport and Health for Children and Youth and President of the Representatives Assembly of the High School of Education and Social Sciences.
Pedro received his first degree and MSc in Sport Sciences from University of Porto and the PhD degree from University of Beira Interior. He has co-edited two books, authored and co-authored more than 70 papers published in books (n=12), international journals (n=28) and international conferences (n=34).
Pedro Morouço is a reviewer of 5 Journals indexed in the Web of Science, and his research interests are mainly on the fields of the Sports Optimization, Biophysical demands of Human Movement, and Health & Sport for all.
- Barbosa, T., Morouço, P.G., Jesus, S., Feitosa, W., Costa, M., Marinho, D., Silva, A., & Garrido, N. (2013). The interaction between intra-cyclic variation of the velocity and mean swimming velocity in young competitive swimmers. International Journal of Sports Medicine 34(02):123-130.
- Barbosa, T., Costa, M., Morais, J., Morouço, P.G., Moreira, M., Garrido, N., Marinho, D., & Silva, A. (2013). Characterization of speed fluctuation and drag force in young swimmers: A gender comparison. Human Movement Science 32:1214-1225.
- Morouço, P.G., Vilas-Boas, J.P., & Fernandes, R.J. (2012). Evaluation of Adolescent Swimmers Through a 30-s Tethered Test. Pediatric Exercise Science 24(2):312-321.
- Morouço, P.G., Marinho, D.A., Amaro, N.M., Turpin, J.P., & Marques, M.C. (2012). Effects of dry-land strength training on swimming performance: a brief review. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise 7(2):553-559.
- HYDROZONE – BIOACTIVATED HIERARCHICAL HYDROGELS AS ZONAL IMPLANTS FOR ARTICULAR REGENERATION, funded by the European Commission (http://www.hydrozones.eu/)