Pedro Carreira is an Assistant Researcher at the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
He has a graduation in Mechanical Engineering from the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria and a MsC in Mechanical Systems and Equipments from the Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra. He is a PhD Student at University of Coimbra in the doctoral program of Nanomaterials and Micromanufacturing. He is currently involved in various research projects related to additive manufacturing, injection molding and applications with shape memory alloys obtained by additive manufacturing. Pedro Carreira has 14 years of industrial experience in the field of metalworking, injection molds, project and 3D modeling. His main research interests are Memory Shape Alloys, 4DPrinting, Computer modelling and simulation, moulds design and development.
- Geoffrey R. Mitchell, Pedro C., Sara G. , Artur M., Saeed M. Morphology, Development During Micro Injection Moulding of Thermoplastics.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2017.08.027. 2017.
- D Oliveira, A Mateus, P Carreira, F Simões, C Malça, Water Assisted Injection Molding for Single and Multi-branched Tubular Components. Procedia Manufacturing, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2017.08.018. 2017
- J. Domingues, T. Marques, A. Mateus, P.Carreira, C. Malça. An Additive Manufacturing Solution to Produce Big Green Parts from Tires and Recycled Plastics. Procedia Manufacturing Volume: 12 Issue 1 (2017) ISSN: 2351-9789. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2017.08.028. 2017
- S. Biscaia, E.Dabrowska, A.Tojeira, J.Horta, P.Carreira, P.Morouço, A.Mateus, N.Alves. Development of Heterogeneous Structures with Polycaprolactone-Alginate Using a New 3D Printing System – BioMEDßeta: Design and Processing. Procedia Manufacturing, Volume 12, 2017, Pages 113-119. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2017.08.015. 2017.
- C. Santos, A. Mendes, P. Carreira, A. Mateus, C. Malça, Numerical Study on Injection Parameters Optimization of Thin Wall and Biodegradable Polymers Parts. ICNAAM-14TH International Conference of numerical analysis and applied Mathematics.2017.
- SCIENTIFIC STRATEGIC PROJECT FOR CDRSP(UID/Multi/04044/2013), funded by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT).
- SCIENTIFIC STRATEGIC PROJECT FOR CEMMPRE (UID/EMS/00285/2013), funded by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT).
- additive.MILLING .: additive.MILLING - Add Milling to Additive Manufacturing: POCI-01-0247-FEDER-003414.
- Add.Additive .: Add additive manufacturing to Portuguese industry: POCI-01-0247-FEDER-024533
- direct.Ceramic .: DIGITAL MANUFACTURING FOR CERAMICS MASS PRODUCTION: POCI-01-0247-FEDER-017994