Pedro Carreira is a researcher at the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria since 2012.
He has a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria and a MsC in Mechanical Systems and Equipments at the Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra. He is a PhD Student at University of Coimbra in the course of Nanomaterials and Micromanufacturing.
Pedro Carreira has 14 years of industrial experience. His main research interests are: 4DPrinting, Memory Shape Alloys, Computer modelling and simulation, moulds design and development.
- G Miranda, S Faria, F Bartolomeu, E Pinto, S Madeira, A Mateus, P Carreira, N Alves, F S Silva, O Carvalho, Predictive models for physical and mechanical properties of 316L stainless steel produced by selective laser melting, Materials science and engineering A 657, March 2016, DOI: 10.1016/j.msea.2016.01.028.
- S. Biscaia, P. Carreira, J. Horta, P. Morouço, A. Mateus, N. Alves, BioMEDbeta: a new manufacturing system to develop heterogeneous 3D structures for tissue regeneration International, Conference on Direct Digital Manufacturing and PolymersICDDMAP 2015, Karnatak University, Dharwad, India.
- C. Malça, M. Sena, C. Santos, P. Carreira, A. Mateus, N. Alves, Compressive and thermal behaviour of cellular structures processed by SLM to injection moulds manufacturing, Conference: International Conference on Direct Digital Manufacturing and Polymers - ICDDMAP 2015, At Karnatak University, Dharwad, India. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.3342.0889
- Carreira, P.; Alves, N.; Ramos, C. and Bártolo, P, Optimization of Thermoplastic Pre-pregs Overmoulding, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol.365-366, pp. 1007-1010, Trans Tech Publications, 2013.
- P. Carreira, N. Alves, C.Ramos, P.J. Bártolo; Advanced Materials Research, 683:771, 2013. BIO INSPIRED ALGORITHMS FOR INJECTION MOULDING OPTIMISATION;
- OPTIMALMOULD - OPTIMAL DESIGN OF INJECTION MOULD TOOLS (PTDC/EME-PME/108188/2008), Funded by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology.
- CPARTS - Advanced Thermoplastic Injection Moulding for Production of High Performance Composites, funded by the Portuguese Agency for Innovation.
- TOOLING EDGE - HIGH PERFORMANCE SUSTAINABLE MANUFACTURING, funded by the Portuguese Agency for Innovation.
- Strategic Project - UI4044-2011-2012(PEst-OE/EME/UI4044/2011), funded by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology.