N. Martins-Ferreira has a degree in Applied Mathematics and Computation (1998), a master’s degree in Mathematics – Geometry and Combinatorics (2002), both from the University of Aveiro, Portugal, and a Ph.D in Pure Mathematics (2008) from the University of Cape Town, South Africa. Since October 2008, he is a pos-doc student at CMUC, University of Coimbra, under the FCT grant: SFRH/BPD/43216/2008.
- N.Martins-Ferreira, “Weak Categories in Additive 2-Categories with Kernels”, Fields Institute Communications, Volume 43, p.387-410, 2004
- N.Martins-Ferreira, “Pseudo-Categories”, Journal of Homotopy and Related Structures (JHRS), Vol. 1 (1), p. 47-78, 2006
- N.Martins-Ferreira, “Weakly Mal'cev categories”, Theory and Applications of Categories, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp 91-117, 2008
- N.Martins-Ferreira, “The (tetra)category of pseudocategories in an additive 2-category with kernels”, Appl Categor Struct (2010) 18:309–342
- N.Martins-Ferreira, “Star-multiplicative graphs in pointed protomodular categories”, Theory and Applications of Categories, Vol. 23, 2010, No. 9, pp 170-198
- BioFab Toolbox (PTDC/EME-CRO/120585/2010)