Margarida Cabrita Franco
Margarida Franco has a master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Universidade de Lisboa). In her final studies she put an emphasis on the issue “Plant based medicines for topical application in the treatment of skin infections”. She worked, for several years, in hematological, biochemical and microbiological analysis. Later on, she joined a research group led by J. P. Dehaye at the department of Biochimie Generale et Humaine de l’Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB). More recently, she worked in two high school laboratories in London. Nowadays, as a Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development (CDRSP) team member, she runs a research work regarding biomaterials for controlled drug delivery. Lately, her interests have expanded to include microcomputed tomography (micro-CT) technology, namely in the endodontic area exploring the anatomy of the root canal. She is also co-responsible for the CDRSP material characterization laboratory.
- M. Franco, C. Malça, A. Mateus, S. Biscaia, N. Alves, Development and characterization of LDPE composites reinforced with different concentrations of eucalyptus wood fibers, International Conference on Direct Digital Manufacturing and Polymers, Dharwad, Karnataka, Índia, 28-31 October 2015
- Cândida Malça, Margarida Franco, Artur Mateus, Nuno Alves, Characterization of eucalyptus based polymer composites, Materiais 2015, Sociedade Portuguesa de Materiais, FEUP, Porto
- Cândida Malça, Sofia Baptista, Margarida Franco, Eucalyptus plastic composites characterization to produce tiles for green roofs, Artur Mateus, 2nd International Conference on Natural Fibers - From Nature to Market (ICNF2015), 27th to 29th April 2015, São Miguel, Azores, Portugal
- André Alves, Sofia Mendo, Rita Gigante, Liliana P. Ferreira, Maria Margarida Cruz, Margarida Godinho, S. Biscaia, T. Viana, M. Franco, G. R. Mitchell, Maria de Deus Carvalho, Magnetic hyperthermia using different media (from water to polycaprolactone), Poster presentation at Fourth International Conference on Multifunctional, Hybrid and Nanomaterials, Sitges, Spain, Mars 2015
- M. R. Franco, S. Biscaia, T. Viana, & P. Bártolo, Levodopa controlled release from alginate membranes, High Value Manufacturing-Advanced Research in Virtual and Rapid Prototyping, ISBN 978-1-138-00137-4, Taylor & Francis 2014, 189-193
- Libertação controlada de fármacos (PDT/004CDRSP2011)
- Agropack (co-promoção nº 11523)
- Strategic Project - UI4044-2011-2012(PEst-OE/EME/UI4044/2011), funded by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology.
- Strategic Project - UI 4044 - 2013-2014, funded by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology.