Marcelo Gaspar holds a PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering completed at the University of Coimbra, Portugal, as well as a MSc and a Mechanical Engineering Degree from the same University.
He currently works as an Adjunct Professor at the Instituto Politécnico de Castelo Branco, Portugal, where he has been a lecturer for over 20 years.
His current research efforts focus on Sustainability and Product Development, as well as in Engineering Education.
- Gaspar M., Julião J., Cruz M. (2019) Organizational Strategies Induced by the Fourth Industrial Revolution: Workforce Awareness and Realignment. In: Machado J., Soares F., Veiga G. (eds) Innovation, Engineering and Entrepreneurship. HELIX 2018. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Springer, vol 505, pp. 330-336. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-91334-6_45
- Gaspar, M.C., Pikkarainen, A., Celorrio-Barragué, L., Glavan, D.O. (2018) Online Learning Environment Tools in Higher Education: Contributions to their Integration in Engineering Courses, INTED2018 Proceedings, pp. 7331-7338. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21125/inted.2018.1726
- A. Pikkarainen, M. Gaspar (2017) 3D PRINTING ONLINE LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS: MULTIPLE APPROACHES TOWARDS SELF-LEARNING OF ENGINEERING DESIGN STUDENTS, EDULEARN17 Proceedings, pp. 4080-4085. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21125/edulearn.2017.1877
- Gaspar, M.C., Julião, J. Tjahjono, B. (2017) Enhancing Regional Produce as Green Products for the Global Market: An Exploratory Study in a Portuguese Region, International Journal of Social Ecology and Sustainable Development, 8 (3) 100-113. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4018/IJSESD.2017070107
- Julião J., Gaspar M., Tjahjono B. (2016) Key Factors on Green Product Development: Influence of Multiple Elements. In: Peris-Ortiz M., Ferreira J., Farinha L., Fernandes N. (eds) Multiple Helix Ecosystems for Sustainable Competitiveness. Innovation, Technology, and Knowledge Management. Springer, pp. 75-90. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-29677-7_6
- Project «PRODUTECH SIF – Soluções para a Indústria de Futuro» (POCI-01-0247-FEDER-024541), co-financed by Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização - COMPETE 2020. Starting date: 01/10/2017. Duration: 3 years. Role: Team member
- Project «PIN – Poli Entrepreneurship Innovation Network» (POCI-02-0651-FEDER-016177), co-financed by Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização - COMPETE 2020. Starting date: 01/05/2016. Duration: 2 years. Role: Team member