Florindo Gaspar is a Professor at the Civil Engineering Department of the School of Technology and Management (Polytechnic Institute of Leiria – IPLeiria), where has been responsible for subjects related with wood and masonry structures, materials and processes of construction, and building installations, and was responsible for the Laboratory of Building Materials and Coordinator of the graduation and master degree programs in Civil Engineering. He is currently researcher at the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development (CDRsp). He has a MSc in Construction and a PhD in Civil Engineering by the Instituto Superior Técnico (University of Lisbon), and a graduation in Civil Engineering from the University of Coimbra. He has been involved in various consultancy studies ordered by several companies. He is the author of several scientific articles published in journals and national and international conferences. His research interests are related with innovative materials, and wood and masonry structures, having supervised some MSc projects in this area.
- Gaspar, F.; Cruz, H.; Gomes, A. (2015), Modeling the influence of delamination on the mechanical performance of straight glued laminated timber beams. Construction and Building Materials, Volume 98, 15 November 2015, Pages 447–455. doi:10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.08.011
- Gaspar, F.; Cruz, H.; Gomes, A. (2017), Evaluation of glue line shear strength of laminated timber structures using block and core type specimens. Eur. J. Wood Prod. DOI 10.1007/s00107-017-1217-4.
- Brites F.; Malça C.; Gaspar, F.; Horta, J.F.; Franco, M.C.; Biscaia, S.; Mateus, A. (2017), Cork Plastic Composite Optimization for 3D Printing Applications. Procedia Manufacturing 12 156-165. doi: 10.1016/j.promfg.2017.08.020.
- Gomes T.; Gaspar F. ; Rodrigues H. (2017), Characterization of Building Stock and Its Pathologies: Case Study of the Historical City Centre of Leiria, Portugal, Chapter 2, Editors: L. M. S. Gonçalves, F. Gaspar, H. Rodrigues, Book Title: Nondestructive Techniques for the Assessment and Preservation of Historic Structures, CRC Press, ISBN 9781138710474.
- Vazão F.; Gaspar F.; Rodrigues H. (2017), Survey and Characterization of the Founder's Chapel Pathologies of the Santa Maria da Vitoria Monastery, Batalha, Chapter 9, Editors: L. M. S. Gonçalves, F. Gaspar, H. Rodrigues, Book Title: Nondestructive Techniques for the Assessment and Preservation of Historic Structures, CRC Press, ISBN 9781138710474.