Fábio Simões is an Adjunct Professor at the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (PIL), since 2010. He has a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Aveiro (Portugal), a MSc from the University of Porto (Portugal) and a first degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Porto (Portugal).
Fábio Simões has been developing research activities in sheet metal forming processes and mechanical behaviour of aluminium alloys, namely grain refinement and texture optimization through asymmetric rolling, and on incremental forming processes applied to metallic and polymeric sheets. Recently he has been developing research activities on additive manufacturing of composite materials. He is the author or co-author of 8 research papers in the aforementioned areas.
- J. F. Horta, F. J. P. Simões, A. Mateus, “Large scale additive manufacturing of eco-composites”, International journal of Material Forming, (2017), https://doi.org/10.1007/s12289-017-1364-5
- D. Oliveira, A. Mateus, P. Carreira, F. Simões, C. Malça, Water Assisted Injection Molding for Single and Multi-branched Tubular Components, In Procedia Manufacturing, Volume 12, 2017, Pages 141-149, ISSN 2351-9789, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2017.08.018.
- Sena, J.I.V., Valente, R.A.F., Grácio, J.J., Simões, F.J.P., Alves De Sousa, R.J., “Finite element analysis of incrementally formed parts”, International Journal of Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems 4 (5) (2011), pp. 454.
- R. J. Alves de Sousa, F. J. P. Simões, J. J. Grácio, J.-W. Yoon, "A Polycrystal Model to Evaluate Mechanical Properties of Asymmetrically Rolled AL Sheets", International Journal of Material Forming 3 (2010) p. 61-64.
- Fábio J. P. Simões, Ricardo J. Alves de Sousa, José J. A. Grácio, "Effect of asymmetrical rolling and annealing on the mechanical response of a 1050-O sheet", International Journal of Material Forming, Volume 2, Supplement 1 / August, 2009, pp891-894.