Dora Sousa is a post-doctoral research member of the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development, a research center of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria. She completed her Doctoral degree (PhD) in Green Chemistry from the University of Reading, Berkshire, UK in 2012 with the thesis entitled “Novel Reaction Media under Ultra-High Pressure”. She also has a Master degree in Applied Analytical Chemistry from the University of Lisbon and 3 years of industrial experience. Dora is engaged in two projects:
The Green Thermosets This is an international project with researchers in Algeria and is using Rosin obtained from pine trees to prepare green composites from natural resources.
Functionally graded materials through morphology control – This involves in-situ studies of 3d printing at the ALBA Synchrotron Light Source in Barcelona, Spain using time-resolved small-angle x-ray scattering.
- Mitchell G., Mahendra V., Mateus A., Gaspar F. and Sousa D Advanced Materials from Forests, Springer Reference book ‘Handbook of Eco-materials’ 2018, Online ISBN 978-3-319-48281-1
- Geoffrey R. Mitchell, Vidhura Mahendra, Dora Sousa Biopolymers Based on Rosin, Current Research in Biopolymers, Volume 2018; Issue 01
- Dora Sousa, Sara Biscaia, Tânia Viana, Miguel Gaspar, Vidhura Mahendra, Saeed Mohan, Artur Mateus and Geoffrey R., Rosin Based Composites For Additive Manufacturing, (submitted, November 2017) for ‘The 2nd International Conference on Direct Digital Manufacturing and Polymers’
- Dora Sousa, João Pinheiro, Christina S. Kamma-Lorger, Nelson Ferreira, Tânia Viana, Saba Abdulghani, Paula Pascoal-Faria, Artur Mateus, Geoffrey Mitchell Manufacturing Polymer Based Objects with Functional Gradients through Morphology PMI2018, University of Minho, September 2018
- Mitchell G., Mahendra V. and Sousa D, Editors: Mitchell G., Faria P., CDRSP Knowledge Series: Rosin – an untapped green resource for the future, 2018
- MATIS - MATERIALS AND SUSTAINABLE INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES (CENTRO-01-0145-FEDER-000014 - 3362), a research project of the integrated programmes for scientific research and technological development, funded by the European Union through the PT2020 and Centro2020. Role: Post-Doc (grant holder).
- PAMI - PORTUGUESE ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING INITIATIVE (ROTEIRO/0328/2013; Nº 022158), a Research Infrastruture of the National Roadmap of Research Infrastructures of Strategic Relevance for 2014-2020, co-funded by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) and European Union through the Centro2020
- IFilm: Multifunctional Films for Intelligent and Active Applications, Using Electrospinning to Create Bioactive Films, para The 2nd International Conference on Direct Digital Manufacturing and Polymers
- Green Thermosets: nanocomposites of rosin/maghnite, bilateral programme between Portugal and Algeria (Ref. PT-DZ/0001/2015)