Carla Moura is a researcher at the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development (CDRSP) of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (IPLeiria) since 2009. She has a background in Biomechanics, IPLeiria (2008) and a Master Degree in Product Development, IPLeiria (2011). She is a young researcher that recently finished her PhD of the MIT-Portugal (2016) in Bioengineering. Now, she has a post-doc position at the CDRSP-IPLeiria and she is a Professor at the Health School Science, IPLeiria (2017). Her research activity focuses on Tissue Engineering, especially on the manipulation of materials using mainly Additive Manufacturing Techniques combined with cells, such as mesenchymal stem cells. She participated in several research projects in the field. She is author of 6 chapters in books and conferences, 10 articles in International Journals edited with review, 9 papers in conference proceedings and 1 book.
- João Carlos Silva, Carla Sofia Moura, Nuno Alves, Joaquim Manuel Sampaio Cabral, Frederico Castelo Ferreira (2017). Effects of different fibre alignments and bioactive coatings on mesenchymal stem/stromal cell adhesion and proliferation in poly(ε-caprolactone) scaffolds towards cartilage repair. Procedia Manufacturing, 12, 132-140.
- Luís Francisco, Carla Moura, Tânia Viana, David Ângelo, Pedro Morouço, Nuno Alves (2017). Poly(ε-caprolactone) and polyethylene glycol diacrylate-based scaffolds for TMJ Bioengineered disc implants. Procedia Manufacturing, 12, 291-297.
- David Ângelo, Florencio Monje, Raúl González-García, Christopher Little, Lisete Mónico, Mário Pinho, Fábio Santos, Belmira Carrapiço, Sandra Gonçalves, Pedro Morouço, Nuno Alves, Carla Moura, Yadong Wang, Eric Jeffries, Jin Gao, Rita Sousa, Lia Neto, Daniel Caldeira and Francisco Salvado (2017). Bioengineered Temporomandibular Joint Disk Implants: Study Protocol for a Two-Phase Exploratory Randomized Preclinical Pilot Trial in 18 Black Merino Sheep (TEMPOJIMS), JMIR Res Protoc, 6(3): e37; doi:10.2196/resprot.6779
- Pedro Morouço, David Ângelo, Luís Francisco, Carla Moura and Nuno Alves (2016). Tissue engineering for temporomandibular joint disc repair and regeneration: a methodological perspective. Advances in Cellular and Molecular Otolaryngology, 4, 33709
- Pedro Morouço, Sara Biscaia, Tânia Viana, Margarida Franco, Cândida Malça, Artur Mateus, Carla Moura, Frederico C. Ferreira, Geoffrey R. Mitchell and Nuno Alves (2016). Fabrication of Poly (ε -caprolactone) Scaffolds Reinforced with Cellulose Nanofibers, with and without the Addition of Hydroxyapatite Nanoparticles. BioMed Research International 2016(8) DOI10.1155/2016/1596157.
- MATIS - MATERIALS AND SUSTAINABLE INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES (CENTRO-01-0145-FEDER-000014 - 3362), a research project of the integrated programmes for scientific research and technological development, funded by the European Union through the PT2020 and Centro2020. Role: Post-Doc (grant holder).
- DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF ZONAL CARTILAGE CONSTRUCTS (SFRH/BD/73970/2010), a research project to obtain the PhD degree in Bioengineering, funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia. Role: PhD student.
- INTERNACIONAL RESEARCH EXCHANGE FOR BIOMEDICAL DEVICES DESIGN AND PROTOTYPING “IREBID”, funded by the People Marie Curie Actions, International Research Staff Exchange Scheme.
- Modelação Computacional da Estrutura Óssea – Aplicação à Engenharia do Tecido Ósseo (PTDC/EME-PME/71436/2006) Entidade Financiadora: Candidatura apresentada à Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia. • REDE IBEROAMERICANA DE BIOFABRICAÇÃO: MATERIAIS, PROCESSOS E SIMULAÇÃO / THEMATIC NETWORK ON BIOMANUFACTURING: MATERIALS, PROCESSES AND SIMULATION, funded by the CYTED – Ciencia Y Tecnologia Para El Desarrollo
- MODELAÇÃO COMPUTACIONAL DA ESTRUTURA ÓSSEA – APLICAÇÃO À ENGENHARIA DO TECIDO ÓSSEO (PTDC/EME-PME/71436/2006), funded by Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia. Role: Grant Holder.