Ana Tojeira is a Research Fellow in the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product at the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, which she joined in 2010. She completed her undergraduate studies in Biomechanics in 2009 and master degree in Design and Product Development in 2012 at the same institute. She has been a member of the Associazione Italiana di Scienza e Tecnologia delle Macromolecole since 2013. Her research interests lie in the field of Biomaterials, especially applied to Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine. In recent years, she has focused on the study of the morphology of biodegradable scaffolds for Bone Tissue Engineering.
- ALGINATE-BASED FILMS: PREPARATION, CHARACTERIZATION AND PRELIMINARY STUDIES OF THEIR ANTI-MICROBIAL PROPERTIES A. Tojeira, R. Pereira, A. Mendes, D. Vaz, and P. Bártolo ECCOMAS – International Conference in Tissue Engineering 2011 Lisbon, Portugal, 2nd to 4th June 2011 | ISBN: 978-989-8481-02-3 (print)
- PREPARATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF FILMS BASED ON ALGINATE AND ALOE VERA (2011) Pereira, R.; Tojeira, A.; Vaz, D. C.; Mendes, A. and Bártolo P. International Journal of Polymer Analysis and Characterization, Vol. 16, 7, pp. 449-464.
- EVALUATION OF BIOLOGICAL PROPERTIES OF ALGINATE/ALOE VERA FILMS FOR WOUND HEALING APPLICATIONS A. Tojeira, A. Mendes, D.C. Vaz, and P.J. Bártolo 1st International Conference on Design and Process for Medical Devices Brescia, Italy, 2nd to 4th May 2012.
- MONITORIZAÇÃO DAS ALTERAÇÕES DE ALOE VERA POR CROMATOGRAFIA LÍQUIDA DE ALTA PERFORMANCE Tojeira, A.; Pereira, R.; Bártolo, P.; Mendes, A.; Vaz, D. and Oliveira, N. S. V Congreso Internacional de Biomateriales BIOMAT 2010 La Habana, Cuba, 15th to 17th March 2010 (ISSN/ISBN: 978-959-30403-7-2 ).
- National Patent Number: 105047 / 105176 entitled “Bioreactor Multi-funcional para Engenharia de Tecidos”. Authors: Ana Patrícia Oliveira Tojeira, Dino Miguel Fernandes Freitas, Rúben Filipe Brás Pereira, Paulo Jorge da Silva Bártolo, Nuno Manuel Fernandes Alves, Ausenda Luís Avelar Mendes, Carlos Alexandre Bento Capela, Henrique Amorim Almeida, Marco André Neves Domingos
- CDRSP STRATEGIC PLAN UID 4044 Project Number: Pest/EME/UID4044/2013 Funding Agency: Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT)
- Time-resolved in-situ SAXS studies of deformation of PGS/PCL samples for soft tissue engineering applications Project reference: 2015021286 CELLS - Alba Synchrotron, Barcelona, Spain December 8th to 10th ,2015 and March 10th to 12th 2016
- BIOMAS II - Bioadditive Manufacturing & Engineering Of Heterogeneous 3D Structures Project Number: 23147 Project Type: Co-promoção, Funding Agency: Agência de Inovação (ADI)
- Time-resolved in-situ SAXS studies of deformation of scaffolds for regenerative medicine Project reference: 2012010298 CELLS - Alba Synchrotron, Barcelona, Spain October 24th to 28th, 2012 and March 21st to 23rd, 2014
- Time-resolved in-situ SAXS studies of deformation of electro spun scaffolds matts for regenerative medicine Project reference: 2012100488 CELLS - Alba Synchrotron, Barcelona, Spain June 20th to 22nd, 2014