Ana Rita Fonseca
Ana Rita Fonseca completed her undergraduate studies in Biochemistry at the University of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro and Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice, Slovak Republic. She completed her master degree (M.Sc.) at University of Coimbra with thesis titled “Nitric oxide mediates neurovascular coupling in the brain: effect of Polyphenols in animal models of Alzheimer’s disease”. From her experience over the last few years through several labs and universities, Rita’s research expertise and interests lie in the field of neurosciences, and Regenerative Medicine, which led Rita as a recent research member of the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development.
- Franco M.C, Fonseca A.R., Sacramento J., Melo B., Conde S.V., Guarino M.P. (2017). Micro computed tomography detects changes in liver density in control and in prediabetes rats. Procedia Manufacturing 12:106 – 112.
- Franco M.C, Fonseca A.R., Gomes S., Biscaia S., Brites F., Pascoal-Faria P., Mateus A. Traffic vertical signposting: materials characterization and structural numerical simulation. Submitted.
- Lopes J., Fonseca R., Viana T., Fernandes C., Morouço P., Moura C., Biscaia S. Characterization of biocompatible poly(ethylene glycol)-dimethacrylate hydrogels for Tissue Engineering. Submitted.
- HydroZones – Bioactivated hierarchical hydrogels as zonal implants for articular cartilage regeneration, funded by European Commission;
- GradSint – Sinterização laser multi-material para produção de estruturas com gradiente de propriedades, funded by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT);
- UC4EP – Compreensão do processo de cristalização para melhorar as propriedades dos polímeros, funded by FCT/FEDER/COMPETE 2020. Role: Research Member.