Reverse Engineering and Metrology
The existing equipments of this lab are a set of advanced engineering tools that allow an intervention in the initial stage of the design and re-design process, as well as throughout the entire product development cycle with the possibility of performing dimensional inspection of the proposed products. Therefore, this lab plays a key role in project development and delivery of dimensional inspection services. This lab also contemplates virtual reality systems for 3D scanning and inspection of products, face recognition, photo rendering and multi-touch systems for product development.
|Laboratory 360 view ( Must log in your Google account for a 360 view )|
|– Fringe projection system (COMET 5)
– CMM arm with 5 degree of freedom
– Haptic device system
– Thermographic camera
Large scale rotate scanning system
– Laser strip projection system (home-made)
– Finge projection system (home-made)
– BioCAD system (home-made)
– ThermoDiCOM (home-made)
– CERAMICS MM Toolbox (home-made)
– Cosmos Works
– Moldex 3D
Other software tools
– Plotter Roland Soljet Pro III XC-540
- White light 3D scanning system ( Steinbichler – COMET 5)
The scanning white light technique structured allows non-contact 3D scanning.
Projects with this device are designed in various industrial fields, for example:
– Quality/Inspection Control
– Reverse Engineering
– Digitalisation of different areas of models (work of art, protheses, metalic components, glass, etc.) CAD data processing
– Data aquisition for Rapid Prototyping
- CMMs (MicroScribeMLX)
The contact-based methods have the principle of using a contact probe to touch the part that acquires the coordinates of where the probe touched
- Haptic system (Sensable Chameleon)
A force feedback device that enables the user to manipulate / play with the block of material and model it virtually as if to carve a piece / statue.
To position the workpiece in 6 degrees of freedom and has force feedback in three of the same.
- Thermografic Camera (Flir)
Equipment used to view temperature levels without contact.
It is used to inspect, for example:
- Temperature injection
- Loss of heat / cold
- Facility buildings